What muscles do Armpit Row work?
The armpit row primarily works the middle and lower traps (trapezius), as well as the rhomboids and the rotator cuff muscles. It can also engage the biceps, lats (latissimus dorsi), and the rear deltoids to a lesser extent.
How do you do a Armpit Row?
To perform an armpit row exercise:
- Hold a AguaForce Weight in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Then, lift your upper arms until they are parallel to the floor but keep your forearms bent so the AguaForce Weights remain by your sides. Lift your forearms only slightly forward in front of you to activate your lateral deltoids. Exhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Squeeze your shoulders and hold for 2 seconds.
- Now, lower your arms back down until they are straight by your sides.
- Inhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
It's important to use a weight that is appropriate for your strength level and to keep your movements smooth and controlled, avoiding any swinging or momentum. Keep your neck and spine in a neutral position, avoiding any excessive arching or rounding of the back.