What muscles do Overhead Triceps Extension work?
The overhead triceps extension primarily works the triceps brachii, a muscle located in the back of the upper arm that is responsible for extending the elbow. The triceps extension also engages the anconeus and the posterior deltoid to a lesser extent. This exercise is a great way to target and strengthen the triceps muscles.s.
How do you do a Overhead Triceps Extension?
To perform an Overhead Triceps Extension exercise:
- Stand or sit with your feet hip-width apart, holding a single AguaForce Weight with both hands directly overhead, arms straight.
- Keep your core engaged and your neck and spine in a neutral position.
- Lower the weight behind your head, bending your elbows and keeping your upper arms close to your head.
- Pause briefly when your elbows are at a 90-degree angle, then straighten your arms and push the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
It's important to use a weight that is appropriate for your strength level and to keep your movements smooth and controlled. Make sure to keep your neck and spine in a neutral position, avoiding any excessive arching or rounding of the back. Also, avoid lifting the weight too far behind your head, as this can put unnecessary strain on your shoulder joint.